Call for Participation
SOCC 2014 is organizing a full-day SoC Tech Tutorial School for researchers, engineers and educators in the SoC community. The tentative program is available here, which features a series of lectures from renowned industry experts and academic researchers.
This year, SOCC offers Tutorial School Grants to graduate students for participating in the full-day lectures on SoC research and development with sponsorship from IEEE Circuits and Systems (CAS) Society Outreach Initiative. The grant covers the student registration fees for the SOCC2014 Tutorial and the SOCC2014 Conference. The accepted students are expected to register in advance for both SOCC2014 Tutorial and Conference. The registration fees will be reimbursed at the conference for those who attend the tutorial and conference.
The SoC Tech Tutorial School is specially designed to encourage graduate students to join SoC research field and gain insight of research challenges and opportunities. All applicants should meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must be full-time students pursuing a Master’s /Ph.D degree in the field relevant to VLSI/SoC community
- Applicants are student members of IEEE CAS Society. If you are not a CAS member yet, you are highly encouraged to join IEEE CAS Society now (student membership fee is only $10).
- Applicants of the Tech Tutorial School Grant are not eligible for the SOCC Student Travel Grant.
All applicants should provide the following information in one single PDF file.
- Applicant’s resume
- A recommendation letter from the advisor
- Recipients should register for both SOCC2014 Tutorial and Conference within 7 days after notification. The registration fees will be reimbursed at the end of the conference for those who attend the tutorial and conference and return the feedback form.
- Grant awardees are expected to attend the full-day tutorial school and selected conference sessions each day.
- All recipients must participate in surveys to provide their evaluation, feedback and concerns.
- The awardees are encouraged to timely share their conference experiences by using social media (twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Extended submission deadline: August 6, 2014