- Non-US citizens may need a visa to enter the US.
It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you are eligible to enter the USA for the conference. If needed, an invitation letter for a US visa application will be provided for conference delegates after conference registration and payment. Delegates are required to indicate on their registration form that they will need an invitation letter for their US visa application.
- Plan ahead - apply for you visa early.
Depending on your country and citizenship, visa processing may take several weeks. If you need a visa, register for the conference as early as possible and pay your conference fees along with your registration so we can send you the invitation letter. We will not accept any visa delays or denied visa as an excuse for no-shows!
For information and guidelines on US visa applications and the Visa Waiver Program, please check the following URLs.
- Official United States visa information source from the US State Department:
- Online authorization for Visa Waiver Program
International travelers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program are now subject to enhanced security requirements. All eligible travelers who wish to travel under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization using the following online application:
- Visa information page from the National Academies
SOCC 2014 has been registered with the National Academies. If you are experiencing significant visa delay you may fill out their visa survey. They may then be able to follow up with the Department of State and inquire about your visa status.
- Further information on business visas can be found at the DOS Business Visa Center website, and at the IVO website.