SOCC 2014 FINAL PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
(ACCEPTED PAPERS/POSTERS ONLY)
Final camera-ready papers due: June 30, 2014.
Thank you for your contribution to SOCC 2014. Please follow the instructions to prepare and submit your papers.
All papers must be in English, and submitted in PDF format through the web page.
Please comply with the following guidelines. In certain cases, non-compliance may lead to paper rejection. Additional details can be found in the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings.
- Please include in the final manuscript any recommendations received from reviewers as a result of the review phase. These recommendations must not alter the paper fundamentals.
- All the formatting requirements, font size and document style requirements, illustration requirements, must follow the recommendations already used in preparing the initial submission and found on the initial submission page for Regular Papers and Design Track papers.
Regular Papers, Poster Papers:
- The page limits for both regular papers and regular poster papers will be a minimum of 4 pages and a maximum of 6 pages, including figures and references.
- Both kinds of papers are handled equally from a publication point of view. The difference between a regular paper and a poster paper is only in the way they are presented at the conference:
- Regular papers are presented orally in a 20 minutes talk + 5 minutes Q&A session
- Poster papers are all displayed in parallel at the poster session with the authors present to answer questions and discuss their papers with the audience.
- For details on how to prepare your presentation slides or your poster, please refer to the Presentation Guidelines.
Design Track Papers:
- The page limits for Design Track papers will be a maximum of 2 pages
- Design Track papers are presented orally in a 15 minutes talk + 5 minutes Q&A session
Each paper is required to have at least one full paid registration from one of the authors by June 30, 2013
In case of an author with multiple papers, a single registration of the author is sufficient for the multiple papers. Student registration will not be counted towards this requirement. Registration will open soon. Please watch this web site for updates.
For Regular Papers, regardless of the presentation category (paper or poster), all accepted manuscripts will be published in IEEE Xplore and therefore must meet certain publication standards. Although Design Track papers will not be published in IEEE Xplore they should meet the same standards than regular papers.
Each PDF for IEEE Xplore® must have all of these characteristics.
1. Be PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5) or later but not Acrobat 9.
2. Must be created with a PDF distiller. Scanning is not permitted.
3. Embeds or subsets all fonts. Doing so helps makes sure that the mathematics appears as
intended and improves text searching in the PDF. Please note some TrueType
fonts have a setting added by the font designer that prevents the font from being embedded
and should be avoided.
4. Does not have a password or other security settings.
5. Does not contain any bookmarks or links.
6. Does not contain crop marks, registration marks, date stamp, time stamp, page numbers, or any other
mark that does not appear in the official version of the publication.
7. Does not contain any PostScript that overrides the settings file.
8. Does not use PDF attachments.
9. Does not consist of a PDF Package or Merged PDF, a PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 8) feature.
- Avoid the usage of non-English fonts, especially Asian fonts.
SOCC 2014 requires compliance with the IEEE PDF Specification for IEEE Xplore
Before you submit your final PDF, it is mandatory to use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to have it checked for compliance with the above specification.
IEEE PDF eXpress™ is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEEXplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
Steps for submission:
- Create your manuscript(s)
- Proofread and check layout of manuscript (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress.)
- Create IEEE PDF eXpress account. Conference ID is 33110XP
Click here to enter:
- Upload source file(s) for conversion; and/or PDF(s) for checking
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
For instructions see “Using IEEE PDF eXpress Plus.”
- If your paper has passed the check, you will receive an email stating so. Please save this email as you will need to upload it together with your final paper. Please disregard any deadline given in the email. Our own deadline is still June 30.
- Log into your PDF eXpress Plus account, click on the "Approve for Collection" link and follow the instructions to rename and approve your paper.
- Submit the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper through
using the passcode provided to you by email.
The deadline is 30-June-2014.
- After submitting your final paper you will be directed to the conference registration page. If you don't register when submitting your final paper, you may as well return at any time using your passcode and finish your registration and payment.
Remember that each paper MUST have at least one paid full (non-student) registration, registered and paid until June 30!
If you forgot your passcode, please contact the Program Chairs.
In order to publish your paper we need a signed IEEE Copyright Transfer Form from you. This form is available here in Word and PDF format. If you want to submit this form electronically, please fill out and sign the form, then scan it into a PDF file, and upload it together with your paper.